Billy Lewis is an attorney representing a broad spectrum of clients in transactional and litigation matters, including financial institutions, construction companies, energy companies, real estate businesses and trust companies. Proficient in crafting legal documents and in the courtroom, Billy's unique perspective is also valued by clients for creating cost-effective solutions. Billy has taught CLE courses and authored publications during his career, primarily on corporate formation, transactions and real estate law.
Billy was born in western Kansas but spent the majority of his life in Oklahoma. He is active in his church and community, including past service on various boards and charities. He currently the Chairman of the Downtown Business Improvement District Advisory Board and remains a board member of the Isaiah Stone Foundation, which supports the care and treatment of pediatric epilepsy.
- Litigated and structured the acquisition of a bankrupt oil and gas field with reserves estimated in excess of $1 billion dollars
- Obtained a jury trial defense verdict of $0 on behalf of a construction company
- Obtained judgment voiding amendments to a trust and eviscerating a 23-year-old antenuptial agreement leading to a spousal award of over $600,000 from trust, with judgment upheld on appeal
- Supreme Court of the state of Oklahoma
- Western District of Oklahoma, including Bankruptcy Court
- Eastern District of Oklahoma, including Bankruptcy Court
- Northern District of Oklahoma, including Bankruptcy Court
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals