Jason Reese is a litigator with extensive experience in labor and employment law as well as oil and gas matters. Jason has served in various positions in state government and provides valuable expertise to his clients in the field of administrative law. He was appointed by the Governor to serve as a Merit Protection Commissioner from 2016-2020 and a Special Worker's Compensation Commissioner in 2020. Jason represents public interest and trade groups on both the state and federal levels on crafting and monitoring legislation.
Jason was born and raised in east Texas and moved to Oklahoma for college. He is active in The State Chamber of Commerce and keeps involved in public policy and regularly writes articles for local and national publications. Jason spends most of his free time playing tennis and cheering on his four kids at various sporting events.
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Litigation Section President - 2022-2023
- The Journal Record, Achievers under 40 - 2017
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel, Legislative Director - 2015
- Supreme Court of the State of Oklahoma
- Western District of Oklahoma
- Eastern District of Oklahoma
- Northern District of Oklahoma
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Cherokee Nation Tribal Courts
- Obtained a defendant’s verdict before trial then appellate courts for a local trucking company.
- Obtained a successful defendant’s verdict on behalf of a multi-state insurer from the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals.
- Represented clients in mediations in multiple states and Canada.
- Drafted proposed legislation for public interest groups which has been introduced in the U.S.
- Congress and state legislatures.