Dana L. Murphy has joined the firm in an of-counsel role after serving for 14 years as an Oklahoma Corporation Commissioner. Prior to her tenure as an elected official, Dana was in private practice, including owning her own firm, and later served as an administrative law judge for a number of years. Dana’s extensive experience and community involvement make her a prized addition to Goodwin / Lewis.
Dana was raised on her family farm and ranch near May, Oklahoma and she remains involved in the daily operations to this day. She is active in her church community, as well as serving in numerous leadership and officer positions for various local and regional charitable organizations.
Dana received her Bachelor of Science degree in geology from Oklahoma State University and her J.D. from Oklahoma City University School of Law. She has over 30 years’ experience in oil and gas title, transactional and regulatory work.
- Responsible for writing a significant number of OCC orders and facilitating solutions to complex energy issues;
- 14 years’ experience in energy law including the regulation of utilities, petroleum storage tanks and regional energy transmission;
- Dana served as Oklahoma’s representative on the Regional State Committee of the Southwest Power Pool for over 11 years; and
- Served as the Distinguished Practitioner in Residence at Oklahoma City University School of Law during the spring of 2022.
- All district courts in the State of Oklahoma
- Western District Federal Court for the State of Oklahoma;
- Oklahoma County Bar Association